My TOP 3:
Under $30 and all around EVERLANE http://bit.ly/Thecottonv
Under $60 Monrow oversized tee
Under $90 Rag and Bone Base V tee
For more info each tee, read below
1. Mainline: $80 Beau V-Neck 100% Organic Cotton, Made in CA
I really liked this tea. It was supremely soft and a really nice thickness. The deal breaker for me was the sleeve length. They were too short for me.
2. ATM $80 V Neck Tee 100% Cotton, Hand Wash, Made in Peru.
This was a no go for me in most regards. I disliked the tightness of the sleeves, the excessive "slub" texture, and the fact I would have to hand wash it.
3. LNA: $48 Short Sleeve V Neck Tee, 100% cotton, Made in USA,
This tee is super soft. I liked the thickness of the v but it was just a little tighter than I would have liked and too see-through
4. Rails: $77 Cara Tee, 62% Rayon, 38% Polyester, made in USA, slinky jersey. Slinky is right. This tee does not leave much to the imagination and keep it away from velcro, or else. Its so thin and flimsy. VERY comfortable but not super practical for everyday wear.
5. Stateside: $64, Royal Supima V Neck Tee, 100% cotton, made in USA. This shirt just felt off on me. It was too small, the sleeves were too short, and the V was a little high.
6. NSF: $90 Cielo tee, slubbed jersey, 100% cotton, Made in USA. I liked this tee for a very casual look. It was very oversized and slightly off white so it didn't really suit my needs for everyday wear.
7. Splendid: $48 Very light jersey v-neck, 50% pima cotton/50% Modal, Made is USA. Just not in love. Sleeves were not my favorite length and it was a little too fitted.
8. Theory: $85, Dayne Tee, slubbed jersey, 100% cotton, Made in Peru.
Too oversized, too linen feeling, and didn't like the seem falling passed my shoulders.
9. Monrow: $50 Tissue V Neck tee, 100% cotton, Made in USA. Thinnest of the THIN shirts but holy cow it was soft. If you are okay with see-through than this shirt is for you. Length is great. Monrow makes wonderful shirts all around.
10. Everlane: $16, The Cotton V, 100% Supima Cotton, Made in USA,
It wins all around best V. The price is on point and it meets all the criteria. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
11. Rag and Bone: $80, The Classic V tee, slubbed jersey, 100% cotton. Made in USA. This shirt has great proportions. It's really soft but the slub was SO busy.
12. Splendid: $68, Slub Jersey Tee, 50% cotton/50% micromodal, Made in USA. Of the slub jersey tees I tried, this one has a nice fit but it's a little too see-through for me.
13. Rag and Bone: $85, Base V tee, soft jersey, 100% cotton, Made in Peru. Come on Rag and Bone, why aren't you made in the US? anyway, this shirt is pretty awesome. LOVE the seam detail down the back, Monrow tees have that detail as well. It feels like a really luxurious tee, slightly more elegant than the rest.
14. Monrow $58, Oversized tee, slubbed jersey, 50% poly/38% cotton/12% rayon, Made in USA. This shirt is pretty awesome. It's my favorite of the slub tees. The V is deep but it lays really well and doesn't feel overly revealing. The sleeve length is a little longer. It reminds me of those american apparel v necks, which I loved. This tee is super soft!